- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 7-8 cloves of garlic, sliced
- Shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail on
- Spaghetti (or other pasta of your choice)
- Lemon wedges
- 1-2 tsp red pepper flakes (depending on how spicy you like it)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chives, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2-1 tbsp butter
Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta till al dente. While pasta is being made, heat a pan over medium-high heat and add in butter and some olive oil. When the butter is melted, add in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Allow the garlic and pepper flakes to cook until it becomes aromatic, then add in the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, flipping once halfway through and take shrimp out.
In the same pan, add in the onions and cook until it becomes translucent, then add in the bell peppers and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Toss in the cooked pasta and mix thoroughly, and season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste. Lastly add in the cooked shrimp and chopped chives and mix well. Serve with lemon wedges and if you have Parmesan, throw some on there as well.